Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, OPDE can work with you to realise a solar rooftop development on your commercial building. By utilising your roof space, it is possible to save substantial amounts of money each year on your electricity bills, and to dramatically reduce your carbon footprint.
Whether you want to invest in the rooftop solar system yourself, or allow OPDE to fully finance the project via a Roof Lease and Power Purchase Agreement, OPDE will work with you to ensure the benefits of a solar rooftop are felt from the beginning to the end of the project.
The fully funded Roof Lease and Power Purchase Agreement model is proving very popular, as OPDE sell back the green energy produced by the solar rooftop system at a discounted rate to the building owner or tenant.
This rate is index-linked for the project lifetime, which gives the site energy buy price security for the long term.
Why install a PV project on your rooftop?
- Zero hassle, risk and cost for commercial building owners.
- Low impact and reversible.
- Long-term guaranteed savings.
- Quick development timescales.
What makes your rooftop good for a solar installation?
- What makes your rooftop good for a solar installation?
- Sunlight – The roof should be relatively flat or south facing and be free of any buildings or landscape features that could cause overshadowing, although each roof will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Grid Connection – A suitable line or substation should be located close to the building to allow for connection into the grid.
- Long term commitment – The solar rooftop system has an operational life of 20+ years.